Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FUN, Fun, fun...






I must have been having too much fun because time has been flying. Just celebrated 10 years of married life we went to Hobart, Tassie for 4 nights of child free time. Soooo good to be people and not parents for a few days.
Loved the Salamanca markets on Sat morning, brilliant creative locals selling all sorts of delights. Vintage stalls, craftsmen and women with ceramics, clothes, toys,....i could go on, by far the best markets I've been to, and believe me I've done the rounds. If you've been to Sydney's Rocks Markets the Salamanca version is along a similar theme with around 4 times as many stalls.
I rode (and crashed in spectacular stlye) a mountain bike down Mt Wellington, ate gorgeous food day after day and enjoyed the bliss that is the HOTEL ISLINGTON.... massage, private dining, complete luxury...unfortunately I'll have to wait another 10 years to celebrate like that again...
The image below is "The Rose Room", voted Hobart's most romantic room- it gets my vote. We had an amazing evening of fine food and lots of laughter...They set up a little table for two and our personal chef cooked just for us!! Wish I could have fit him in my suitcase and brought him home with me, he puts my cooking to shame. I fell in love with his toasted muesli at breakfast, don't even get me started on dinner...




And onto the craftiness that has occurred of late, knitted teddy bears....there are 2 more being stitched together at the moment as well as clothes and a world of cuteness to match. They're from the lovely Claire Garland's book- Knitted Bears.


No comments: