Thursday, September 17, 2009

LIFE IN PROGRESS



Okay, so my car has a half eaten chocolate cupcake on the dashboard, thanks to Master 3 yr old, my 'to do' list is getting longer by the minute and I feel like I'm running like one of those little hampsters in a treadmill....round and round and round I go with very little to show for my efforts. The chocolate cupcakes were a little after school treat, how they ended up on my dashboard- half chewed- I'm not even sure.




One major change in me of late is that I'm reading again, I say again because I used to be an avid reader and I lost my way there somewhere in between baby two and three I think. I came across "The Stone Diaries" by Carol Shields and I'm not recommending it as the worlds best read but it was the right fit for me just now and it has changed me somehow- something in me has shifted and I'm liking it.



In amongst all this reading I've made Chloe a pair of camo (pink/grey/white) pants. The pattern said EASY but the waistband, gathered pockets, zipper and buttonhole belied the label. They are pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Pic to follow later....stay tuned....
I made this beanie for Chloe with my limited knitting abilities and it has been a real winner, I'll be sad to see it packed away but the Spring sunshine has inspired some floppy summer hats for us all...P.S: That snowball is intended for me, not you!!!

2 comments:

Corrie said...

hi there

I tend to stick to elastic pants in this house, I've done zippered ones and pockets but gosh they take time!!!

we'd love to have you at our sunday craft day! I'll send you an email and just realised I think i sent you some fabric today! hope it arrives safely...I have 40 orders to make up over the weekend and it just about killed me!!!!!!

talk soon, you have gorgeous children!
corrie:)

Corrie said...

oh and I just ordered julie & julia today to read! can't wait to get my hands on it! I do try to read the book before the movie so we'll see how we go!

Corrie:)